R.P.M gauge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

R.P.M gauge

hey yall...my bike didnt come with a speedo and then i misplaced the r.p.m gauge i am wondering instead of finding another gauge and fitting the cable and all that if i had a tach of any size and it was electric how could i use that in my bike?

I use a Sigma 800C as speedo, has both mph/km/h, max speed 299 km/h

clock, distance and some more features, i think there has been earlier posts on how to mount bike computers. Costs approx. US$ 15.

For the tacho it is just to connect the wires to the coils, be sure the tacho can handle the GS signals, firing every turn.

Comment

That looks cool...thanks, just one more question tho......would a electric tach need a positive to activate it and then the grounds from both coils or does it depend?

Comment

Originally posted by bboxer872002
        That looks cool...thanks, just one more question tho......would a electric tach need a positive to activate it and then the grounds from both coils or does it depend?
        Normally you need +, you can see the diagram for my GS1150 and check.

Comment

ohh ic what u mean now...it will need a positive and probably also a ground from a coil...since it sparks every revolution even tho its a 4-stroke by getting a ground signal every revolution it can determine how many rpms a minute

Comment

This gauge could also be an alternative http://www.acewell-meter.com/pro4.asp?id1=10

Comment

Working...
            X