Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

feels like I'm pulling out in 6th GEAR!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

feels like I'm pulling out in 6th GEAR!!!

I rescently abtained a 1980 GS450 L (T)

The exaust pressure from the right side carbuerator feels weak compared to the left and the right exaust gives off huge backfires! 8O

When I start to pull out it lags power and just can't pull through...it feels like i'm pulling out in 6th gear going up hill.

could this be a fouled spark plug, dirty carbuerator, or something more serious?!?! Any help greatly appreciated! Gotta get it ready for spring!!

-Joey

Right carb might be dirty, could be a coil, could be ignition, etc. Start with the carbs, make sure there is spark at that cyl. Does the exhaust get hot on that cyl? Throw water at it after just fireing it up some morning.
    Currently bikeless
    '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
    '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

The exaust off that cylinder gets warm...but not nearly as warm as the other.

I ran som B-12 chemtool through the right carb at idle and let it run for 30 min. and I still got the same problem.

to check spark do I need to remove the plug but keep it hooked to the wire?

Comment

Originally posted by jciamacco
        The exaust off that cylinder gets warm...but not nearly as warm as the other.

I ran som B-12 chemtool through the right carb at idle and let it run for 30 min. and I still got the same problem.

to check spark do I need to remove the plug but keep it hooked to the wire?
        Remove the sparkplug from the cylinder and hold it a few mm from the head, be sure to not touch any metal parts of the bike while doing so. It should be able to cross a 8 mm gap and be blue.

Comment

Working...
        X