6 1/8" Headlight?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6 1/8" Headlight?

Blew a headlight & am having problems finding a replacement bulb. It is in a Suzuki shell & has a 6 1/8" diameter. Anyone have any idea where I might find one? A local dealership maybe a L or T model 550, 650, 750.

bulb

You should be able to take the H4 bulb out of the glass lens and get another, if you cannot remove the bulb then some one has changed out the lens

Comment

It's not a H-4 setup, sealed beam & so far have not found a parts store that has even a numbe for a 6 1/8" headlight

Comment

Sounds like the one in my 77 GS400, although mine is more like 6 1/4". It's also a sealed beam. I've been looking for a while for an H4 unit so I can have a little more light, but don't think one is made in that size. I'm dreading the day it burns out...

Both BikeBandit and Alpha Sports list a headlamp for the GS400 - part number 35121-44610 superseded by part 35121-44611, but they want over $40 for it. 8O You might check with your dealer.

BTW the parts diagram for the 81 GS750EX show a rectangular headlight. Several other 81s use the round one - the 450E uses the same part as my 400.

Good Luck

Comment

Yeah, it's been "modified" by the previous owner. There's a swap meet in town tomorrow so maybe I can get lucky there.

Comment

odd, my 81 550 t has the 6 1/8 headlight and that uses the h4 bulb, so you just keep the lens and replace the bulb. i think you have a 81 750 t right? if so then you should have the same headlight as i do, it's all chrome right? take another look pull the rubber boot off the back of the prongs there should be a clip holding the bulb down.

-ryan
            78 GS1000 Yosh replica racer project
            82 Kat 1000 Project
            05 CRF450x
            10 990 ADV-R The big dirt bike

P.S I don't check PM to often, email me if you need me.

Comment

odd, my 81 550 t has the 6 1/8 headlight and that uses the h4 bulb, so you just keep the lens and replace the bulb.
              What brand is your H4 headlight? I've been looking for one about that size.

Comment

Thanks I'll check that out

Comment

my 550 has a stanely lens
                  78 GS1000 Yosh replica racer project
                  82 Kat 1000 Project
                  05 CRF450x
                  10 990 ADV-R The big dirt bike

P.S I don't check PM to often, email me if you need me.

Comment

Working...
                  X