Newbie question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie question

Hi everyone I just bought my first bike and it is a GS 750es 1986. The rear shock is garbage I was wonder what I could use as a replacement. A stock one from the dealer is to much. I was also wondering if anyone would know were I can get a stator for this bike it keeps boiling the battery.

Any help would be great

Quakerr

Re: Newbie question

Originally posted by quakerr
    Hi everyone I just bought my first bike and it is a GS 750es 1986. The rear shock is garbage I was wonder what I could use as a replacement. A stock one from the dealer is to much. I was also wondering if anyone would know were I can get a stator for this bike it keeps boiling the battery.

Any help would be great

Quakerr
    If it boils the battery it's probably the R/R unit and not the stator, check the stator pages http://www.thegsresources.com/gs_garage.htm.

Comment

I think its the stator because it came out of a honda so I have been told by the guy I bought it from
      Quakerr

Comment

You need to check your R/R anyway. If the battery is boiling, then the regulator is not doing it's job and the rest of your electrics are getting damaged as well. Check your voltage and read the Stator Papers as though the bike's life depends on them because it now does!

Spend the money and get Electrex R/R or Stator when you replace it.

Comment

Thanks i'll try that
          Quakerr

Comment

Working...
          X