GSX1100et STATOR PROBLEM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GSX1100et STATOR PROBLEM

I recently purchased a new generater cover for my bike from a local show .the cover fits perfectly but the stator i have from the old cover does not fit the new cover, it's too big. I also tried a stator from a gs1000 and thats too big .has anybody had the same problem. ?

Cheers martin

You may have a stator cover for either a GS750E or a GS1100S Katana, both of which have smaller stators than the GS1100E. The covers will bolt up to the case but the stators will not bolt into the covers.

Hap

Comment

GSX1100et STATOR PROBLEM

Thanks for the advice. so all I need is a stator from any of these models and it will work
      cheers martin

Comment

Re: GSX1100et STATOR PROBLEM

Originally posted by martin mcmanus
        Thanks for the advice. so all I need is a stator from any of these models and it will work
        cheers martin
        No, that's not quite correct. The 750 and the Katana have different size flywheels because the stators are a different size. You would have to replace the stator, flywheel, and starter clutch. Very expensive!

Hap

Comment

Hap has it right they sold you the wrong cover !

Comment

Originally posted by Hap Call
            cheers martin
            No, that's not quite correct. The 750 and the Katana have different size flywheels because the stators are a different size. You would have to replace the stator, flywheel, and starter clutch. Very expensive!

Hap
            Not quite Hap , he only needs to replace the stator and rotor the starter gear etc is the same. But both Hap and Lynn are correct you got sold the wrong cover.
            Dink

Comment

Originally posted by Dink
              Originally posted by Hap Call
              cheers martin

Hap
              Not quite Hap , he only needs to replace the stator and rotor the starter gear etc is the same. But both Hap and Lynn are correct you got sold the wrong cover.
              Dink
              Thanks for the clarification Dink and good to see you back!

Hap

Comment

he only needs to replace the stator and rotor the starter gear etc is the same.
                I noticed on Bob Bertaut's site that he shows a Katana stator against the standard 1100 one and comments that he converts them sometimes to take some weight off the crank for reliability and easier revving.

So, is this a bolt on conversion or would swapping out the 1100 stator and rotor for the 750 pieces cause issues with the ignition or charging? Seems like a good idea as an upgrade, especially if I watch E-bay for parts and catch a deal on them. Not being in a hurry can be useful some times...

Mark

Comment

Working...
                X