Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

carb intake boots.

Hi,

Its been a while since i posted but work has kept me busy. Now its winter time and I have some down time due the weather.
    I have upstair in pieces a gs 1000. It is all there except the carb intake boots. I see there are some on sale on ebay for a gs 550. Will the gs 550 fit the same mikuni carbuartors as the gs 1000 ones? I have been looking for boots for this thing for over a year now.

Here is a the website if you want to see the url.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...sPageName=WDVW[/url]

you can get the boots on bike bandit or ron ayers for a litlte cheaper do some searching on this site about how to find part numbers from parts fish then use ron ayer to get them, it will be about $100 bucks for all 4 new, these are not worth cheaping out on.

-ryan
    78 GS1000 Yosh replica racer project
    82 Kat 1000 Project
    05 CRF450x
    10 990 ADV-R The big dirt bike

P.S I don't check PM to often, email me if you need me.

Comment

I know alot of our bike shops wont even deal with selling used intake boots for liability of cracks and such. So I will have to buy new ones eh?
      I only paid a hundred for the bike, was hopeing to find a cheaper soloution to get the thing running again.

Comment

don't be cheap, you only paid 100 for the bike if you get it running and looking ok it can probly sell for about 700 bucks, if you want cheap go buy a bicycle.

don't cheap out on tires too those keep you up, so you should get a new set of them too. figure this way if you do everything yourself and baring major engine problems you shold still be ahead of the game by about 100 bucks, you can probly get this bike in respectable shape and safety for about 500 bucks
        78 GS1000 Yosh replica racer project
        82 Kat 1000 Project
        05 CRF450x
        10 990 ADV-R The big dirt bike

P.S I don't check PM to often, email me if you need me.

Comment

true true. where in chicago do you live. I was born in Rockford, my folks still live there. Stayed in uptown for about twenty years.

Comment

Working...
          X