petcock question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

petcock question

I've got a question about my petcock. I'm not sure if it's working properly. the engine sucks gas when in reserve and on, but prime doesn't seem to empty gas into the carbs, I know everything's good inside, cause I bought a rebuild kit and made sure everything was right and fine inside. with the fuel tube disconnected at the carb, no gas will come out when on the prime position. is this right? I know all the vacuum tubes are connected correctly, cause I had a huge problem with that earlier, and researched it extensively to make sure everything's right.

When in pri position, fuel should flow freely, engine off, on, or cranking doesn't matter.

Comment

Fuel should flow as stated when in Prime. It is very easy to bend the tang on the small metal spring(semi-circular stainless spring steel that pushes open the diaphram) when assembling/disassembling causing the valve to malfunction. Good luck.

Comment

does anyone have a picture of the spring? I know which one you're talking about, I'm just not sure it's in the right shape. Bike Bandit only shows a sealed up picture of the petcock

Comment

Originally posted by luc8421
          does anyone have a picture of the spring? I know which one you're talking about, I'm just not sure it's in the right shape. Bike Bandit only shows a sealed up picture of the petcock
          I don't have a picture, but I did find a good description posted by Billy Ricks from a while back. Here's the link. Maybe this will help.

Comment

Working...
          X