center stand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

center stand

I don't know if this really qualifies as a technical question, but I couldn't think where else to post it
    I've got a yosh 4n1 pipe, and I'm wondering if the stock center stand would work with it, or if theres any clearance issues, I don't have one, and the mounting holes on the frame look a little close to the merging part of the header

Most Yosh pipes require removal of centerstand

Comment

i just installed a yosh pipe on my gs1000 and it came with a gs1100 mid pipe and a gs 700/750 mid pipe ( i am currently thinking about running the gs 1100 mid pipe) the header runs right down the ceter of the ceter stand and either mid pipe then turns out the side. and comes out by the rear passanger peg. Basiclly what i am saying is if you want to run yosh then no ceter stand for you.

-ryan
      78 GS1000 Yosh replica racer project
      82 Kat 1000 Project
      05 CRF450x
      10 990 ADV-R The big dirt bike

P.S I don't check PM to often, email me if you need me.

Comment

sad story, I kinda figured though. I've got a lift stand I can use, the only annoying this is that you still need to take off the exhaust to give it a good enough surface area to lift, so I can't run the bike, unless I want to wake up people in China.

Comment

what about buy/fabing a motorcycle lift that picks the bike up by the swing arm like the sport bikes.

-ryan
          78 GS1000 Yosh replica racer project
          82 Kat 1000 Project
          05 CRF450x
          10 990 ADV-R The big dirt bike

P.S I don't check PM to often, email me if you need me.

Comment

I've thought about those swingarm lifts, does any one know if there's one that'll fit, and where I could get it?

Comment

Working...
            X