Still Wont Start !!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still Wont Start !!!!!

I''m stumped still trying to start the GS 750 my son gave me has good compression getting fuel has good spark but wont run dont know what i'm missing !!! Anybody got an idea ?

are the spark plugs wet? or dry? any backfiring whin spinning the motor over?

Comment

start problem

The plugs are wet no backfire it turns over strong acts like it's getting no spark but it is i'm confused!

Comment

Re: Still Wont Start !!!!!

So compression is good, youve gapped the points within 012 to 016 thou. Are you familar with how to do this? You have to do it twice, rotate the crank, etc etc. Did you check static timing with a continuity light? Static timing also has to be set twice and on a different mark each time. The left point set needs to be set static on the F1 mark and the right point set needs to be set static on the F2 mark. These marks are 180 deg apart on the crank.

Next, after cranking, are the plugs wet. Youre sure youre getting fuel into the cylinders??

If everything above is fine, its very possible youre just not familar with how to start it. Turn the fuel petcock to prime. (The petcock handle will be forward) Wait 15 seconds. Leave the petcock on prime. Pull out the choke about 3/4 and hold it in that position. Turn ignition to on. DONT touch the throttle. Press starter button. It should start within a couple of turnovers. If it starts, continue holding the choke, switch petcock to run (petcock handle will be pointing down) and DONT touch throttle. Regulate engine rpm with the choke. In a minute or two, you can start reducing choke a litttle at a time and adding throttle to compensate to retain rpm.

After trying the above, let me know what the result is. :-)

Earl

Originally posted by Bumstead
        I''m stumped still trying to start the GS 750 my son gave me has good compression getting fuel has good spark but wont run dont know what i'm missing !!! Anybody got an idea ?
        Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

There is another small item to consider.....are the plugs firing in the correct order. You have two coils and they each fire two plugs.
          One coil fires plugs 1 and 4, while the other fires plugs 2 and 3.

It is possible you have the wires on incorrectly, and that would mean nothing but wet plugs, as it would never fire at the correct time.
          Bertrand Russell: 'Men are born ignorant, not stupid. They are made stupid by education.'

Comment

Are you using fresh gas? I hope this doesn't sound insulting but I seen bad gas cause a lot of problems.
            Axel

Comment

wont start

I put fresh gas in also checked tank from what I can see it looks clean but thought i'd clean it out good just to be sure before I try starting it again.

Comment

Working...
              X