Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

gs1100 inner clutch hat play on output shaft??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gs1100 inner clutch hat play on output shaft??

My inner clutch hat has quite a bit of clockwise and counter clockwise play on the output shaft.

I have two others and they have verying amounts of play. My question is how much play is spec? My shop manual has no mention of it.

thanks,

rob
    KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Instagram: @rjmedia.tech, Updated more often, even from the events

Hey Katman, I've had a couple inner hubs quite loose on the shaft too, and have never seen a spec for it either. If it seems excessive, just replace it. I replaced one of mine a couple years ago, and it wasn't badly priced that I remember?

Comment

did you replace it with a new one? and what was the slack on the replacement??

thanks
      KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Instagram: @rjmedia.tech, Updated more often, even from the events

Comment

I've replaced the primary driven gear bearings, the new ones were loose too (laterally).....factory service manual has no spec for lateral clearance

Comment

There are two inner clutch hubs out there. The early style was all aluminum with the shaft and splines bored into it. Suzuki found that a lot of these were quickly getting very looses so they redesigned the inner hub so that it now has a steel center that is bored. This prevented the looseness that was occurring with the earlier hubs.

If you think it may be too loose then in my opinion you should replace it. It can't be good for the shaft. Replace the six bolts also.

Hap

Comment

Katman, the loose hub I had in there would move approx. 1-2mm, where the brand-new one maybe a couple thousands of an inch?

Comment

Anybody know if the aluminum splined hub is directly superceded to the steel 1150 part? I'm ordering one tomorrow.

Cheers, Steve

Comment

Star Racing has this Hub Hubhttp://www.starracing.com/Merchant2/...y_Code=Clutacc

Comment

I didn't bother to check up on the GS1100E part. On a postive note, the Suzuki system now has the 80/81 GS1100Es on the computer so you don't need to fool with the fiche.

Here's the 1150 parts:
                  21410-00A00 - hub - 131.71CDN
                  09140-24014 - revised centre nut - 8.32
                  21481-45100 - ring - 5.96
                  21471-49100 - seal - 10.19
                  09164-00003 - washer - 13.12
                  09440-19014 - spring - 6x4.53

Steve

Comment

I checked today, and the number for the 1100 hub has been superceded 4 times, and all those numbers are discontinued. But the final supercession number is the 21410-00A00, which Steve listed, and is the 1150 part, and is still available.
                    I think we will see a lot of the 1100 stuff will eventually be superceded to the 1150 parts. (The stuff that will fit) I ordered a bunch of new trans. gears for my '82 Katana years ago, and when I got them they definately looked different than any 1100 trans. gears I had. I compared them to a buddy's 1150 transmission and it was exactly the same.

Comment

I got most of my stuff today. For whatever reason the parts picker substituted the wave washer that goes around the hub with a black 6 mm washer that had been hit with a hammer! It definately has a wave in it but 13 bucks for a part that doesn't fit. hmmmmm

Steve

Comment

Working...
                      X