Hose diameter question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hose diameter question

I want to replace the fuel, vacuum and vent lines from my carbs. Even measuring them, I'm still not sure of the internal dimension. Anyone know for sure?

I am looking to do that myself. I believe the ID of the fuel line is 5/16" and the vacuum line is 3/16"; not sure about the vent hose.

Where is a good place to buy just a foot or so of each size? Most places want to sell you anything from 6ft to a roll.
    Believe in truth. To abandon fact is to abandon freedom.

Nature bats last.

80 GS850G / 2010 Yamaha Majesty / 81 GS850G

Comment

crc2onlinecatolog.com has see-through thin-walled gas line in different sized sold in one-foot increments. I'll probably get some 3/16, 1/4 and 5/16 lengths and use what fits.

Comment

Re: Hose diameter question

Originally posted by knelson
        I want to replace the fuel, vacuum and vent lines from my carbs. Even measuring them, I'm still not sure of the internal dimension. Anyone know for sure?
        I replaced my hoses from bikebandit.com and they come long enough to cut to fit as I found most car type hoses are just to fat and stock hoses look better(my opinion) the price from bike bandit was reasonable.

Comment

Jackrp,

What were the diameters of the hoses?

Comment

Ok, so I just got new fuel hoses from crc2online in various diameters. The 3/16" fits the vacuum line off the #2 carb. 5/16" works on the fuel line.

Comment

sweet! i needed the diameter also. I was missing the vacuum line from in between 1-2 going to in between 3-4.

:? 8O

Comment

Poot,

The t-fittings between carbs 1-2 and 3-4 are vents; they are not supposed to be connected together but to have separate hoses going back to vent on top of the airbox.

Comment

Working...
                X