Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pilot Screw 1980 GS1100E

Hi

My 1100's pilot screws (air screws) do not have O-rings or springs on them. The Robert Barr link indicates they should have both.

I can see how the spring and O-rings may have slipped off the bottoms of the pilot screws and stayed in the carb bodies (I hope this is the case).

Before I go fishing for springs/O-rings in the carb bodies, I was hoping to confirm that there should be springs and O-rings on the pilot screws on a 1980 GS1100E engine.

If anyone has had the pilot screws out, I would appreciate knowing what you found (I have a set of O-ring coming but not springs).

Thanks for any information.

Patrick

My shopmanual for my 1100G shows a spring at the middle of the pilot screw. The carbs are Mikuni BS34SS. Hope this helps, Bill

Comment

32's have them so i would think the 34's would also.
      pilot screw/spring/small washer/O ring Hope there still in the carbs

Comment

pilot screws and springs

Thanks for the confirmation on pilot screw springs. My service manual has a diagram indicating what looks like a spring around the screw but I was not sure if I was interpretting the diagram correctly.

Patrick

Comment

pilot screws

Cant remember myself but look in the carb rebuild section here . the pics and instructions are very detailed

Comment

pilot screw springs

Hi David

Thanks for the suggestion. I should have thought of that already. I know I was hoping I would not have to take the carburetors off (ever) again!

Patrick

Comment

Working...
            X