Engine rebuild/piston ring question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Engine rebuild/piston ring question...

Just wondering if a .50 over piston ring set will fit my stock pistons? My cylinders arent gouged but I am honing them and saw a great deal on .50 over rings.

rings

No,No and No

Comment

Thanks Gee-s-is,

I know it was a stupid question but I had to ask considering how much Suzuki wants for stock rings :x

Comment

Todd,

Get a inside micrometer, measure at the top of the cylinder, the bottom of the cylinder (measure where the rings contact the cylinder wall at its' lowest point) then measure in between the top and the bottom. At each point, take a measurement both fore to aft and across the cylinder. When you are finished measuring you should have a minimum of 6 measurements for each cylinder. Post these back here on this thread and we will look to see what exactly you need.

Also, check to see if there is a ridge at the top of the cylinder where the rings do not quite make it to the top of the bore. Can you still see the cross hatching from the last bore?

Post this info here on this thread and we will look to see what exactly you need.

Expect the greatest variation on #2 and #3 cylinders.

Hap

Comment

Thanks Hap,

It will probably be Wednesday before I make it back out to the shop but I will take the measurements and post them back.

Thanks
          again!

Comment

Working...
          X