Gear Indicator - Coming up Zeros

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gear Indicator - Coming up Zeros

A few months ago my gear shift indicator started showing "0" for third gear and this morning fifth gear started doing the same.

Has anyone else had this problem and if so how did you fix it? Does cleaning the shifting switch on the end of the selector drum usually help?

TIA.

Dont know about the 1100's, but when I bought my bike, the neutral light was out, but the gear indicator was still working. After some bulb switching, I read my Clymer manual, and found there is a big connector under the tank that hooks the switch part to the indicator part. However, the neutral light has a separate bullet connector beside it. Mine had come unplugged.
    Long story short, check the contacts in your connector before pulling off the engine cover.

Comment

mine had some wires broken off at the sending unit, right where they are soldered to it....re-soldered, all good

Comment

i actually cleaned up the switch then, checked connector and found bad connection,cleaned and put in electrical paste now all good.

Comment

Check the grounds......
          1981 GS650G , all the bike you need
          1980 GS1000G Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely

Comment

Working...
          X