Kawasaki CSR 1000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kawasaki CSR 1000

Hi all, Just wondered if anyone knows about the mentioned bike?
    Reason I am asking is I can buy it (1979) for $500 and it runs good and no problems with it.
    Anyone know anything about them? I think the engine is a Z1000! Phil.

All I know is that It is probably a J-model engine, and that is the head that a lot of the dragracers use.
    Feel The Pulse!

1982 GS1100E with Tracy one piece body
    2007 Roadstar Midnight Warrior

ebay cntgeek

Comment

That doesn't sound right. I'm sure the CSR's didn't come till at least "81". They were a slightly cheaper model of the LTD. The LTD's were a long & low style thru 1980. In "81" they went to a much taller front end, much like the "L" model Suzuki's, and that's when they started the CSR's. Unlike the LTD's, the CSR's had spoked wheels & I think a rear drum brake. All the 1000 Kaw. engines were the same, all the way thru the GPZ 1100's

Comment

CSR

It certainly looks like a Z1000 engine, Rear disc, 2 front disc's Alloy wheels with spokes, chain drive, with actual 25k on it.
        I left a deposit but someone else might buy it from under me before I pay the full amount. Phil.

Comment

If I remember right, wasn't the CSR's the "cheap" bike? Spokes instead of mags, etc.? The CSR 305 was a twin, the CSR 650 was a twin, CSR 750 was a twin...

Basic transportation...not that it is bad, just basic.

Kenny

Comment

CSR

Yeah! I agree, but for $500 and it runs great, thats a pretty good deal! as I bought my GS for $750 and spent $3000 on it to get it right, Money well spent.

Comment

Naw Kenny, The all the 650 Kaws were 4 cyl & the 750 twins went out about "77". All the CSR's from 550 up were 4 cyl.

Comment

Please let me apologize, especially to KennyJ. There is an "82" 750 CSR on e-bay right now, and it is a twin cylinder. I guess I don't remember as much about them as I thought I did. As my brain gets older & older, I guess I can expect to remember less & less.

Comment

CSR

Well I bought it, It rides pretty good, but not been riden in years so I will have to take it out on a few runs to let it run right.
                  I still prefer my GS though. If your interested in seeing a PIC....

Comment

hopefully i'll see the bike in my mirrors and not the police car! 8O

Comment

Hey Phil, check out oldkawman.com for some Kawasaki performance info. He looks like a criminal in his photos, but the info is well written and he has lots of parts. Nice looking bike for $500.

Comment

Working...
                      X