Vesrah Kevlar Brake Pads vs. EBC Organic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vesrah Kevlar Brake Pads vs. EBC Organic

Cycle Recycle 2 is closed today so I can't call and get the opinion of their shop, but I'm looking at replacing my front brake pads of unknown age. The brakes on the front suck, plain and simple, so I've upgraded to S/S brake lines and I'm looking to put the best pad on I can.

CRC2 has Vesrah Kevlar Pads for ~25 (Kevlar is made from organic material) http://www.crc2onlinecatalog.com/suzuki_pads.htm

Bikebandit has EBC replacement organic pads for about $27. I've heard good things about them in general. http://www.bikebandit.com/partsbandi...id~1040941.asp

Someone mentioned the original Suzuki pads might be the best compound to use, but the pad set is $88 on their website, so that's a bit out of my price range. :x

Your thoughts are appreciated...

~Adam

I use EBC pads and they stop OK for me but I am not a "performance oriented" rider that works a bike hard. They say the kevlars are better in the rain but I would not know. OEM was bronze sintered pads and from what I understand if you go to ceramic it is not good for the OEM rotors.

The EBC pads should be OK.
    1981 GS650G , all the bike you need
    1980 GS1000G Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely

Comment

I had EBC pads in my 1150 and was extremely disapointed in there performance, I replaced them with Vesrah and love them, I now have feel and power.
      Dink

Comment

Dink, which Vesrah type did you go with? Organic or semi-metallic?

Comment

I talked with CRC2 today and the pads they have in Kevlar form are street application. He said they are equivillant to the sintered-metal type pads but they have less fade when they're hot.

I guess I'll be trying them out.

~Adam

Comment

I've been using the CRC2 Vesrah pads for years now. I've been pleased with them. No fade in the rain whatsoever. Not planning on using anything else.

Earl

Originally posted by AOD
            I talked with CRC2 today and the pads they have in Kevlar form are street application. He said they are equivillant to the sintered-metal type pads but they have less fade when they're hot.

I guess I'll be trying them out.

~Adam
            Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

Originally posted by AOD
              Dink, which Vesrah type did you go with? Organic or semi-metallic?
              Standard, here is the reason why ALL Vesrah pads contain Kevlar, and you dont have to pay a ridiculous markup cause it aint on the box.
              I put two months into research before purchasing Vesrah pads and I can now make my 1150 dance on its nose any time I want.
              Dink

Comment

Working...
              X