It lives..round 2..idle good, but is kinda flat/bogging <

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It lives..round 2..idle good, but is kinda flat/bogging <

Well, went for my first real ride today, runs pretty well.
    1. idle is smooth and consistant.
    2. no popping or spitting, but it does not pull well below 3K. Above that it seems to pull well.
    3. Steady cruise is smooth ad all rpm
    4. roll on is good above 3K and getts better as the rpms climb, but hard throttle twist realy deepens the exhaust note.
    5. Plugs look good after the run, except that #4 is just the slightest bit white, but I am pretty sure that the sync is good ( but I will probably check againl, just to be sure). would a touch more open on the mix screw correct this?

Any input would be appreciated,
    thanks again for all the help, I would not have gotten this far without the GSR gang.

Derrick

Re: It lives..round 2..idle good, but is kinda flat/bogging

You dont say what gear you are in at 3k rpm when you roll on the throttle.
    I dont try to accelerate from 3k rpm unless I'm in 1st or 2nd on my 1150 and I prefer to keep rpm above 4k.

I would open up the mixture screw on #4 if its burning too light.

Earl

Originally posted by DerrickC
    Well, went for my first real ride today, runs pretty well.
    1. idle is smooth and consistant.
    2. no popping or spitting, but it does not pull well below 3K. Above that it seems to pull well.
    3. Steady cruise is smooth ad all rpm
    4. roll on is good above 3K and getts better as the rpms climb, but hard throttle twist realy deepens the exhaust note.
    5. Plugs look good after the run, except that #4 is just the slightest bit white, but I am pretty sure that the sync is good ( but I will probably check againl, just to be sure). would a touch more open on the mix screw correct this?

Any input would be appreciated,
    thanks again for all the help, I would not have gotten this far without the GSR gang.

Derrick
    All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

thanks Earl,
      As usual, I can depend on you guys for sage advice.
      It does ok in 1st and 2nd gear, but not as well as I remember befor my intake, exhaust and jetting changes. Is this a trade off that I will have to live with or is it a further tuning issue?
      By the way, where abouts in South Florida are you, east or west coast. Don't be too specific, you will end up with jetting challenged individuals ( such as myself) at your door all hours with sickly running GS's, begging for help

Comment

I'm on the west coast north enough in north Naples to be closer to Bonita Springs than Naples. :-) About 160 miles south of you.

If you've gone to a 4 into 1 and pods and jetting, you can generally figure what you gain on the high end will be equal to what you lose on the low end.

Earl

thanks Earl,
        It does ok in 1st and 2nd gear, but not as well as I remember befor my intake, exhaust and jetting changes. Is this a trade off that I will have to live with or is it a further tuning issue?
        By the way, where abouts in South Florida are you, east or west coast. Don't be too specific, you will end up with jetting challenged individuals ( such as myself) at your door all hours with sickly running GS's, begging for help

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Thanks again Earl.

If anyone is interested, I have posted some new pics of my bike with the new exhaust, telefix clip-ons and fairing; here
          https://<a href="http://www.msnusers...1100e.msnw</a>

Derrick

Comment

Its really looking nice D.

Earl

Thanks again Earl.

If anyone is interested, I have posted some new pics of my bike with the new exhaust, telefix clip-ons and fairing; here
            https://<a href="http://www.msnusers...1100e.msnw</a>

Derrick

Comment

Originally posted by earlfor
              I'm on the west coast north enough in north Naples to be closer to Bonita Springs than Naples. :-) About 160 miles south of you.

If you've gone to a 4 into 1 and pods and jetting, you can generally figure what you gain on the high end will be equal to what you lose on the low end.

Earl

thanks Earl,

cool! i used to go to naples alll the time (2-3+ times a year).

If you ever drive down 2nd ave. north (by ace hardware and the hospital),

look for #442.....we sold the house but its real nice!

also, if you go around teh time fruit is ready, theres plenty of fruit trees in the back (starfruit, mango, avocado, etc.) that you could take!!! the new owners only go 1 or 2 times a year!! (unless its changed hands again)

Comment

Working...
              X