lookin for a rotor puller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lookin for a rotor puller

last spring before parking my 83 gs1100e for the winter i apartently broke the starter gear bolts. stoped at a red light idling and the started began winding really loud with the motor. i pulled over and turn it off and it wouldnt restart, the starter motor would just free spin. im guessing it is just those starter bolts but dont know for sure. anyway i checked at the local suzuki shop and they want 94 bucks for a rotor puller 8O . i was hoping to find another place online to purchase a puller for less money know any? when i reach in the engine and spin the starter gear it spins free unless i pull it against the clutch, then it spins one way and locks the other. thanks for any help

oh yeah, what would be wrong with using a pully puller?

I would verify the application, It looks like www.DennisKirk.com
    pn 28-1967 for $58.99
    38mmx1.5 rt hand external, female

Comment

puller

I don't know about you but I went to my local salvage yard and rented one for $5, when I had a salvage yard the one for hondas and Kawa. we made from rear axles, lower tree clamp posts and any thing else we could make work, do NOT use a claw type puller.

Comment

thanks. i guess ill see if the suzuki shop will let me rent one for an hour or something if not then ill have to order one.

Comment

well after checking it out close i seen that some of the magnets are loose and can be removed so im in the market for a rotor too

i was looking on bike bandit and they dont list a 83 gs1100E, but for a 83 GS1100ESD they want just over 200 bucks for a new rotor

so i guess ill have to look local for a rotor, which other 1100 suzuki's does this rotor share? is there a cheaper place online to buy? thanks. btw it appears that someone has hit the rotor before, should there be anything else i should check for damage?

Comment

Re: lookin for a rotor puller

It will destroy the rotor and you will be buying a new one.

Earl

Originally posted by akhoundog

oh yeah, what would be wrong with using a pully puller?
            All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

well, looks like im gona have to get a different rotor anyway. maybe ill just go rent a pully puller and try it.

Comment

I had a 1983 gs1100e. the end of the crank is bigger than the others, except for the 1983 gs1100es which is the same... the puller # mp#14 from dennis stubblefield sales in california. my dealer here in mass ordered it for me. it is 30 mm x 1.5 Rh threads. engine has external(male) THREADS. i also bought a new rotor for 250 dollars and all the starter cluctch stuff including new bolts. it took the dealer 3 times to ore=der the right one because i kept telling him the rotor hole was too small, finally he lookd up the one for the 83 gs1100es and that was correct. they tell you that you shouldn't hammer on it but once the puller was super tight, the only thing that would remove it was heavy, heavy hammering, and i did not damage the crank, it ran perfect for 1 year untill I sold it...............I have another one of these pullers because at the time the service guy said to buy 2 beecause i would break the first one, but i didn't...so I have anoyther one hangingn around If yoiu want to buy it for 20 bucks shipped, hope this helped, or the info may be too late, Chris

Comment

ok, so i cant seem to find a listing for my model, it's a 1983 gs1100E, but on all the lists they saud gs1100ED or gs110esd which is mine?

Comment

is a pully puller capable of removing the rotor since im replacing it anyways? id like to avoid buying a rotor puller if i can. i allready tryed a redneck setup involving a 2 ton jack and some chain but the chain busted 8O no sideways load was put on the crank.

Comment

the starter clutch (bolts to the back of the rotor) is behind the rotor. the tool is a rotor puller, so yes it removes the rotor for replacement. e-mail me at realmatrix@charter.net when your ready

Comment

They are all the same relative to the required puller. The puller is the only safe way to go. If you try to Rube Goldberg some other method and end up destroying the threads or the crank end, you will need to win the lottery to afford to fix your mistake.

Earl

Originally posted by akhoundog
                        ok, so i cant seem to find a listing for my model, it's a 1983 gs1100E, but on all the lists they saud gs1100ED or gs110esd which is mine?
                        All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Originally posted by SqDancerLynn1
                          I would verify the application, It looks like www.DennisKirk.com
                          pn 28-1967 for $58.99
                          38mmx1.5 rt hand external, female
                          the other link is a 35mm?

and the other guy said 30mm?

/lost

Comment

Working...
                          X