need help really bad someone help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need help really bad someone help please

i have a 1982 gs1100gk with 17,000 miles it has BS carbs ok my problem is the bike has benn sitting in my fathers basement for 12 years in peices im putting it together after rebuilding the carbs i have come to find out when i put them on now theres 3 vacuum lines one fule line well i know where the fuel line goes but which vacuum line goes where it seems only two vacuum lines can be hooked up one on the pecock and one on the fuel gauge if anyone knows and can help please help trying to get my bike going for the southern mississippi bike rally in april please help. i bought the clymer manual no help at all doesnt show witch line goes where.

If your bike is anything like mine (and if I remember correctly) there's only one vacuum line, the other two are for overflow and for draining anyleaks from the fuel guage sending unit. On mine the vacuum line originates from the left side of carb #2 at a brass nipple that points straight up from the carb.

Comment

Then one on #2 carb goes to the fuel tank petcock, the 2 upper ones,one for carbs 1 & 2, and one for carbs 3 & 4, are vents, they go to atmosphere or the airbox. the one on the fuel guage sender is an overflow in case the unit leaks internally....

Comment

I was missing hoses on the spaces in between carbs 1 and 2 , and 3 and 4.

I had the 2 going to the tank , but any others were missing.... would this have caused problems?

also, what length/thickness/material should I use to replace these missing lines?

Ill post some pics soon.

Comment

I've been missing the 2 vent lines also. They weren't there when I got that bike and I didn't replace them and after I installed my carbs, there's no way to now. And I AIN't taking them back off. EVER.

I've had no problems, neither before OR after.

Comment

Re: need help really bad someone help please

Originally posted by shineoneforme
            i have a 1982 gs1100gk with 17,000 miles it has BS carbs ok my problem is the bike has benn sitting in my fathers basement for 12 years in peices im putting it together after rebuilding the carbs i have come to find out when i put them on now theres 3 vacuum lines one fule line well i know where the fuel line goes but which vacuum line goes where it seems only two vacuum lines can be hooked up one on the pecock and one on the fuel gauge if anyone knows and can help please help trying to get my bike going for the southern mississippi bike rally in april please help. i bought the clymer manual no help at all doesnt show witch line goes where.
            Check out this thread by Robinjo 8)

Comment

Working...
            X