Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

o-ring ....suzuki dealership does not have...help~!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

o-ring ....suzuki dealership does not have...help~!

hi all,

I went to the suzuki dealership to get some new o-rings today. They did not have one I was looking for. It is on the screw attached to the cam-chain tensioner on my 850.

Store photos and docs online. Access them from any PC, Mac or phone. Create and work together on Word, Excel or PowerPoint documents.

they did not have this o-ring on the microfiche, so im stuck!

does anyone know a part number, or what type of o-ring to get? the size shouldn't be too hard to figure out, but exactly what type of oring is where the problem lies.

the one I have on now, is rock-hard, so I want to replace it.

any help/tips would be appreciated.

poot

Go to a local bearing supply house or seal supplier with the old O-ring. Viton is the common material and it should be fine for your purposes.

Mark

Comment

As I recall, the part number is not on the schematic for some of the bikes. You need to check out the schematic for the 750 to find the o-ring part number. At least that is what I remeber doing a year ago when I rebuilt mine.

Comment

Originally posted by knelson
        As I recall, the part number is not on the schematic for some of the bikes. You need to check out the schematic for the 750 to find the o-ring part number. At least that is what I remeber doing a year ago when I rebuilt mine.
        Its not listed for the GS750 model, I just checked my factory parts manual and direct with the dealers microfiche this morning.

Im looking for the same for my GS750 (leaking tensioner Oring)

Anyone know dimensions??>??

Comment

The 3 seals you need for the timing chain tensioner
          09280-06005 09280-21013 09280-10006

Comment

When mine (GSX1100SZ Katana) was leaking, I just went and got an O-ring from a bag of assorted sizes, popped it in, and all has been fine. Just look for a snug fit.

Mike.

Comment

The part number you seek is here, along with pictures and details for replacing all both o-rings and the seal on your cam chain tensioner:

The last part number provided above is incorrect (the part is an oil seal, and that's the o-ring prefix). It should be: 09284-10006

The part you specifcally asked about is the lock screw o-ring, and that's part number 09280-06005.
              1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
              2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
              2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
              Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

If you have one, try Ace Hardware. They helped me out several times for different applications. I also got o-rings from my local Auto Parts store.

Comment

ordered the gasket and oring today....

i'll have to go to a bearing /industrial supply place to get the o-ring on the inside of the tensioner.

i never knew there was even supposed to be a gasket on the tensioner!! mine wasnt even there!

Comment

I got my O rings but no luck on the seal or the gasket, they have to be ordered! a 1 week wait! so much for overnight postage!

Comment

Hey Andrew,
                      Mick Hone(03 98900304) in Melbourne keep stock for lots of older suzuki,use them all the time and they mail out the same day.

Comment

Thanks, will file that away for future reference!

Ive ordered the parts so Im sort of obligated now.

Comment

Working...
                        X