Turn signal switch button

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turn signal switch button

A couple of months ago the button on my turn signal switch popped off. Miracuously I caught it in my (gloved hand). Worked on it with epoxy and thought I had a good repair. Yesterday I wasn't so fortunate. Who knows wher it bounced off to. BikeBandit has it for $98 + $6 shipping. Saw one on ebay ( http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...MakeTrack=true ) but the rust on the mirror posts concerns me :? . Sugggestions about which way to go or is there an alternate unit from another bike I could make work? Don't want to do this twice.

IF you can do a little rewiring You can use almost any control, only consern would be the choke & light switch some of the bikes have the light on the right email and get a better discription from seller

Comment

My turn indicator switch is from a Yamaha. Somebody made the change before my time with the bike so I don't know what model Yammie.

However, any switch with the right set of functions can be made to work, it's just a matter of connecting the right wires to the right bit inside.

You can see a pic of mine in a recent post I did of setting up some DIY heated handgrips. There's a clear pic of the switch block there somewhere. ... found it.

The mirrors are not part of the switch block and should cause no worry.

Kim

Comment

you could get it alot cheeper at a bone yard
        I got mine at Dano's down near Granbury. (off of FM4!!!)

Comment

Leon, you're too good to me. Got a phone number for Dano's? I'm feeling a little too much like a HD rider with all the hand signals. Oh-oh! Nevermind. I found it. Should I say I know you, or deny I've ever heard of you if it comes up ? Float bowkl gaskets started leaking. Got new ones coming. Thanks for the picture Kim. Think I'll call Dano's and see if they can come up with anything. I like the HI/LO & turn signal being seperated. That little post under the button on the Suzuki one takes a real beating. Oh yeah, Kim, what did you do about your choke lever mounting?

Comment

Giblet,

The choke mount is on the back half of the of the assembly. Let me know if you have trouble finding one, I have a spare.

Stiksave
            8)

Comment

Thanks stiksave. I was looking at the post the picture came out of trying to see it. I'll call around again tomorrow & let you know if I need to take you up on your offer. Hopefully I can find one at Bates Cycle here in Garland. Granbury is quite a drive for me but I'll be down that way in a couple of weeks anyway.

Later,
              Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Giblet
                Granbury is quite a drive for me but I'll be down that way in a couple of weeks anyway.
                Steve
                true, but you will only be passing by on the way to the hill country.

Comment

Oh yeah, Kim, what did you do about your choke lever mounting?
                  My bike is an 81 GS1000G and the choke is a pull-up knob at the steering head, it's not on the left switch assembly.

Kim

Comment

Kim,

My mind is slipping. I've bought "after market" choke cable assemblies over the years to replace automatic chokes that weren't working right. Don't know why the simplest solution didn't occur to me. Hopefully I'll find something to and if its one like yours I'll just mount a knob somewhere. A close neighbor (& GSer) says he may have what I need. Hopefully I'll have something in hand today. Thanks Guys!

Comment

Found a switch at Bates Used Cycle in Garland on a Yamaha Maxim. It aint real pretty but the switches feel good and it has the self canceling turn signal switch. The choke cable mounts on the bottom just like mine does. He wants $20 for it and I think I'm going to go get it Tuesday. Thanks again guys.

Comment

Re: Turn signal switch button

A couple of months ago the button on my turn signal switch popped off. Miracuously I caught it in my (gloved hand). Worked on it with epoxy and thought I had a good repair. Yesterday I wasn't so fortunate. Who knows wher it bounced off to. BikeBandit has it for $98 + $6 shipping.
                        Steven,
                        I could have included one from the GS1100GK in the box with the side cover I shipped last month, had I known!

David

Comment

Thanks for the thought David. A local GS'r has offered to help me wire in the replacement switch. Haven't really looked for an original as I'd probably just break the knob again. Your cover is in place. Just need to look for the GS1100GK emblem.

Comment

Working...
                          X