Where can i find a replacement rotor for gs550

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where can i find a replacement rotor for gs550

ebay has not been too helpful... I'm looking for a new or used front rotor for a 81 gs550t. Where should I look and what should I watch out for?

I had to get a replacement for mine so I just took one off a 650. Works great and it's slotted. I think most of the discs across the whole line will fit. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.
    T.

80 gs550et

Comment

Tehre seems to be two sizes of disk. A small, and a large. :-) you have a T, so i think you have the small disks.
      You'd have to be crazy to be sane in this world -Nero
      If you love it, let it go. If it comes back....... You probably highsided.
      1980 GS550E (I swear it's a 550...)
      1982 GS650E (really, it's a 650)
      1983 GS550ES (42mpg again)
      1996 Yamaha WR250 (No, it's not a 4 stroke.)
      1971 Yamaha LT2 (9 horsepower of FURY.)

Comment

www.Bikebandit.com has new EBC rotors for our bikes in their aftermarket section.

Comment

Originally posted by AOD
          www.Bikebandit.com has new EBC rotors for our bikes in their aftermarket section.
          Also check out parts411.com. I just got a set of the EBC's for my 82 GS1100EZ (yet to install them). Parts411.com was cheaper than bikebandit and their customer service is great.

Comment

and the infal question

I've noticed most parts lookup sheets mention a GS550TX but no specfically the GS550T. Are they basically the same bike? Is the TX some fancier version?

Comment

My rotor that I picked off a gs650 cost six bucks. Hard to beat that!

Comment

since i can't really afford 160-180 for a front ebc rotor can someone tell me if a 1980 GS550 L solid rotor will fit my 81 GS550T which has a slotted rotor?

Comment

Working...
                X