Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

tuning my gs550es project - carb rejetting??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tuning my gs550es project - carb rejetting??

hi there,

A total rebuild of my old GS550ED has started. converting it to a full faired model and most importantly; a new exhaust system.

I have bought a new kerker k45 race can for it. WOOW. everything else is stock...
    I have been reading a little about rejetting from other people questions, but the difference is that my exhaust is a hybrid.. headers taken from a motard neta, midpipe from a kerker and the can are a full race can with a 2" baffle. long live welding!

So my question is:
    Do anyone have an idea of what to do about the carbs.
    i have changed the main jets up one number from 95 and 102.5 to 97,5 and 105. is this the right size or do i need larger jets??
    Do i have to do anything about the needle and the airjets??
    and if so... what is the procedure

best regards
    The troubled dane.

I can only suggest using an oxygen sensor in the exhaust stream to check the fuel air ratio. It may not be perfect but it might help you get in the ballpark.

Known exhaust and intake system combinations make sense because you can use the recommended tuning steps.

Far be it for me to be critical but you may be in for a lot of time spent wrenching instead of riding, unless you are really after something unique and fast.

Consider an aftermarket exhaust for the simplicity.
    1981 GS650G , all the bike you need
    1980 GS1000G Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely

Comment

http://www.motorcyclecarbs.com/jetting/default.htm check this out.

Comment

thank you. i think i go for the jets i have put in and try out the roll off test. afterwards checking the plugs.

thank you very much for the help.

the end of it may be that in getting it on a dyno testcenter.

best regards
        Morten.

Comment

Working...
        X