Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spray Carb Cleaner and add to tank stuff.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spray Carb Cleaner and add to tank stuff.

I recently had the carbs synced they are spot on now, and they were rebuilt about a year ago. Just want to touch them up after 4,000 miles of riding and storage. Can I just spray Gumout Small engine carb cleaner down the throats and put like 2 oz. of carb cleaner in the tank?? :roll:

I highly recommend Sea Foam in the gas.

Comment

i wouldnt spray anything in the carbs, and would opt for putting in a can of the "carb cleaner" into the tank.

The spray, may damage any rubber parts (orings, etc.) that it comes in contact with, by drying them out, and this could then cause small vacuum leaks, or just cause them to wear out faster.. be very careful with this.

Comment

Even carb cleaner for small engines?

I thought this small can of small engine carb cleaner was made NOT to do this. I will try just the Seafoam in the gas first. Anyone tryed that Marvel Mysterry Oil to get rid of carbon deposits?

Comment

Just go down to your local hardware store and get you a can of toluene. It is the main ingredient in most all 'carb cleaners', and it's compatibility with gasoline is perfect. After all, it is only one molecule away from gasoline, and can mix up to 50% without problems. Much cheaper, too.

Comment

Cool thanks

Can this be used on fuel injection also?

Comment

Yes.

Comment

right on that one.....active ingridient is the tuolene. i would not directly spray it, but adding it to the fuel should be o-k.

Comment

Agreed about the main part of the cleaners, but there is other stuff mixed in there, too.

If a search were done on this site, it would show that the experience of many is that one should stay away from liquid commercial carb cleaners and all spray cleaners, due to expected negative interaction with the bike's carb components, but commercial fuel injector fluids mixed witht he gas in the tank are apparently safe.
                  Bertrand Russell: 'Men are born ignorant, not stupid. They are made stupid by education.'

Comment

good advice

Thanks guys that is what the board is for some have done things that have worked out bad and other worked out good. Keeps me from fouling up my working carbs.

Comment

Working...
                    X