Ok, I know this is a lot to ask,...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, I know this is a lot to ask,...

I've been getting tremendous help in locating parts for my carb rebuild.

Brent (bgmart450) recommended I look to my local Suzuki shop for parts and they can get me the gaskets and intake boots but no o-rings. So he's sending me some from his personal collection. May the gods bless GSR and Brent!

However, the cost for just the gaskets and intake boots from my local Suzuki shop is going to be in excess of $80.

Could someone look here:

and tell me if the intake boots or gaskets are still available from bikebandit, as I don't know what I'm looking for? I don't mind spending the $80 to get her running right, but I still like looking for the best price, ya know?

Thanks,
    Mike

I think what you are looking for is here instead: http://bikebandit.com/partsbandit/oe...me~GS450LX.asp

Item 27 and 28?
    Currently bikeless
    '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
    '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

Right. #28 is the o-ring for the manifold and #27 is the manifold.
      If the manifolds are showing cracks, then they should be replaced to avoid problems. The o-rings should be installed with a coat of hi-temp' bearing grease to help them last. Make sure the o-rings are in their grooves right to avoid pinching them as you tighten things. The grease helps with that too. You should replace the stock Phillips screws that hold the manifold with Allens, then torque to 6 ft/lb.
      And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
      Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

What about the float-bowl gaskets?

Comment

Originally posted by UncleMike
          What about the float-bowl gaskets?
          Looks like #17 (in your link.) In Jethro's link, #27 and #28 are correct.
          Personally, I always replace the bowl gaskets during a rebuild.
          And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
          Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Oh, and it's not a lot to ask. That's what we're here for...to help each other.
            Any other questions, just ask before you order parts or put things back together.

Comment

Wonderful. You guys are the best.

Comment

Hey mike, check for float-bowl gasket sets on e-bay. I have ordered a set of 4 for myh bike for considerable savings.

Comment

oh, and I also just ordered some intake boots for my bike . for 4, it came to 125 dollars american, whereas it would have been more at the dealer!

Comment

If you know the factory part number for what you need try http://www.cycle-parts.com/shopbyparts.asp They're cheaper than most & the service is good. The only drawback is there's a $100 minimum order. To get the factory parts numbers go to http://www.alpha-sports.com/suzuki_parts.htm They're more expensive, but there's no minimum

Terry

Comment

I just bought 4 intake maniford boots at one of the local Suzuki dealer for $25 each.

Comment

Working...
                      X