GS 1000 TYRE QUESTION

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS 1000 TYRE QUESTION

My gs 1000 has got some cheap and not so cheerfull in the wet tyres on it at the moment has anyone got any sugestion on good tyres to fit to her running standard rims.
    Ta very much,
    Trev

Dunlop GT501 very good in the wet and good all around grip
    Keith
    -------------------------------------------
    1980 GS1000S, blue and white
    2015Triumph Trophy SE

Ever notice you never see a motorcycle parked in front of a psychiatrist office?

Comment

I have found the ME33 Metzler to be a great front tyre, good in the wet, grips when cold, great steering stability etc etc. A good road tyre, should wear well. I have a Dunlop GT301 on the back, similar to the 501. Good tyre also in all conditions.

If you look at any other tyres, make sure they are rated for the weight of the bike..I had a BT45 Bridgestone on the front before, it chewed out rather badly (but gripped ok) because it was more for a lighter bike. There are a few other choices around now since I put these on.

Comment

I have Avon Roadrunners on one of my bikes & Pirelli Sport Demons on the other. The Roadrunners helped keep me upright in a heavy downpour & last a long time. The Pirellis seem to be better in dry conditions (Haven't tried them on wet roads yet) But seem to wear quicker.

Terry

Comment

I have continentals on the GS thou'. Good all round tyres and handle well, but rear doesn't like the wet too much.

Comment

Working...
          X