1978 GS550 needs more light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1978 GS550 needs more light

Has anyone put a light bar on the front of a GS550. How did you do it or who handels the brackets?? Thanks

Steve

If your alternator puts out enough current you can change your headlight bulb to a 100w/80w. Gives loads more light, but you'll need to run it through a relay to avoid cooking the switchgear.

Comment

Re: 1978 GS550 needs more light

Your charging system does not have the ability to support a lightbar and additional lighting that would be useful as "headlighting". Change your stock headlight to a Sylvania Silverstar H-4 Xenon 60/55. That will increase your lighting output/power by about 250% with no increase in power consumption.

Earl

Originally posted by Reddragon774
      Has anyone put a light bar on the front of a GS550. How did you do it or who handels the brackets?? Thanks

Steve
      All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Re: 1978 GS550 needs more light

Originally posted by earlfor
        Your charging system does not have the ability to support a lightbar and additional lighting that would be useful as "headlighting". Change your stock headlight to a Sylvania Silverstar H-4 Xenon 60/55. That will increase your lighting output/power by about 250% with no increase in power consumption.

Earl

Originally posted by Reddragon774

Steve
        Thanks for that info I guess no light bar ..LOL.. I know on my Zuki 1500 LC the charging system is minimal but I didn't know the 550 was nil. Thanks again. Steve

Comment

1978 GS550 MORE LIGHT

ON MY 85 GS550L I BUT 2 AUXILARY LIGHTS ON THE ENGINE
          GUARD EACH HAS IT'S OWN SWITCH

MY HEADLIGHT IS A HALOGEN 100/80W UNIT
          ALSO HAVE EXTRA LIGHT ON THE BACK

BEFORE ALL THIS I HAD ISSUES WITH THE CHARGING SYSTEM
          BUT A NEW REGULATOR/RECTIFER ON IT
          KNOW IT PUTS OUT 14.5V AT CRUISE

AT IDEAL I SHUT DOWN THE EXTRA LIGHTS

JUST AN IDEA I WANTED TO PASS ON
          GARY