Speedo drive??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speedo drive??

IS the thing that the speedo cable plugs into on the front wheel called the speed drive? I think mine is bad but im not sure. I just got some new (new to me anyway) gauges and my tach works but the speedo still doesnt. Any other ideas?

Thanks, Brian

Make sure your cable is good, they break sometimes. The speedo drive also seems to die eventually, so it's very possible, I've replaced 1 on 2 different bikes.

Comment

Originally posted by lhanscom
      Make sure your cable is good, they break sometimes. The speedo drive also seems to die eventually, so it's very possible, I've replaced 1 on 2 different bikes.
      Its a new cable, so i know thats not the problem. I was hoping it was just my gauges before, but i got some replacement gauges and it still isnt working. Do you know where i could find a new one (or used) and are they hard to replace?

Comment

Originally posted by my98xplorer
        Originally posted by lhanscom
        Its a new cable, so i know thats not the problem. I was hoping it was just my gauges before, but i got some replacement gauges and it still isnt working. Do you know where i could find a new one (or used) and are they hard to replace?
        Well I'm pretty sure they don't make parts for bikes made in 1893 anymore, but let's say your bike was made in 1983, just for fun. Check out http://www.bikebandit.com or http://www.ebay.com. Ron Ayers is a good place, but you need the part number first which you can get at bike bandit, or a number of other places.

Does anybody know which other bikes share the same unit? They may all be identical.

Comment

Bike Bandit is still a grat place to order parts but they do not give you the part #s check here for the part #s
          Buy parts at a low price for your snowmobile here at Alpha Sports, we carry a LARGE variety of parts and accesories.

disconnect the speedo cable from the speedo & turn the front wheel by hand to see if the cable turns

Comment

Working...
          X