Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

who is Robert Barr???

Comment

He is a member of the GSR and sells "O" ring kits for rebuilding CV and VM carbs. His site is at http://www.cycleorings.com/

Earl

Originally posted by ccruit
      who is Robert Barr???
      Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

I placed the order for the o-rings. I did take the two cards off and clean them what I found is on the right side carb the air adjustment jets do not have o-rings. The left side carb is missing a brass washer that goes in the center of the diaphragm. Therefore, I will see if these fix the misfiring.

Comment

That could very well be the cause of misfiring. The carbs are rather fussy about having all their parts all to themselves. :-)

Earl

I placed the order for the o-rings. I did take the two cards off and clean them what I found is on the right side carb the air adjustment jets do not have o-rings. The left side carb is missing a brass washer that goes in the center of the diaphragm. Therefore, I will see if these fix the misfiring.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

OK. Good luck with it.
            I'm not sure about the missing brass washer, but if it's compromising the spring action, you could have poor throttle response in that carb.
            Let us know how it goes.
            And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
            Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Well I rebuilt the carbs and it still backfires at idle on the right side if I unplug the far right plug it does not. I am at a lost here.

Comment

Did you strip the carb and soak it, then blow out the passages with compressed air? Then install the jets, needles and new "O" rings and then synch the carbs with a vacuum guage set?

Earl

Well I rebuilt the carbs and it still backfires at idle on the right side if I unplug the far right plug it does not. I am at a lost here.

Comment

It would probably be wise to check the mechanical condition of that cylinder. All the tuning in the world cant overcome an engine mechanical problem. Check compression, check the valve lash and cam lobe condition and do a cylinder leak down test...........BadBillyB

Comment

I think I have a stuck exhaust valve. What will I need to do so I can take a look? What parts do I need and where should I get the parts.

Comment

Working...
                    X