Joint of cover?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joint of cover?

The joint of the hiding place valves(covers) is defective, I would like to replace it. But that you advise me, the joint in "paperboard" or joint silicone(blue). Excuse-me for my bad english.
    Thank you for all answers. Greetings.
    Sanglier noir.

Sanglier Noir,

It sounds like you need a gasket for the rocker cover to fix an oil leak. Am I correct?

Buy a new gasket, and make sure that the metal surfaces are clean. You can use a smudge of silicon sealant if you wish, but it is not essential.

If you do use some sealant, use only a small amount, as too much will cause it to 'bead' inside the engine when you tighten the bolts on the cover.

Mike.

Comment

Make sure you remove all traces of the old gasket. You can make your own paper gasket if you have the patience. If the mating surfaces are perfect, smear the new gasket with a little grease rather than silicone, it will be easier to remove in the future. If the surfaces are badly pitted or scratched you'll need to use sealant anyway.

Comment

Check out Hap Call's review of silicone gaskets from Real Gaskets:

They're worth every penny (if you can get one).

Had any good beer lately??

Comment

Thank you for your answers, that pleased to me to read you. Yes I have a very small oil leakage on level the primary chains, the joint slightly left... Thank you with all.
          Sanglier noir.

Comment

Working...
          X