Rear Tire Choice - 1978 Suzuki GS750E

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rear Tire Choice - 1978 Suzuki GS750E

I finally worked out the issues with my bike stalling and it is running awesome. Weather up here in Canada so far this year has allowed me to ride for about a month now. I do need a new rear tire though and wanted to find out what people that actually ride GS's think is the best rubber for my bike, not just what a salesmen thinks.

It currently has a worn Dunlop K591 (120/90-18 60T) that worked out not too bad but seemed like it wore out pretty fast (no burnouts, 2 seasons). What would be a good tire that might last a little longer. I'm not a crazy rider but do like to have the best handling possible out of this old girl.

Also, where's a good place to buy one ? Dennis Kirk ? Other recommendations ?

Any thoughts would be appreciated !

On my 750 I went to a GT501 (Dunlop) and was pretty pleased with it. When I had a wreck back in June I had around 4500 miles on it and it was starting to get the flat spot on it. I rode it daily and only occasionally did I get "on it". Unfortunately, most tires don't last much more than 10k miles.
    The type of riding you do is going to greatly affect the type of tire you want.

I just ordered some Pirelli Sport Demons from ronayers.com and got the front and rear for about $175 (that includes shipping).

Brad tt

Comment

Thanks bradleymaynar,

I was reading that the GT501 was the replacement for the K591 Dunlop. I just went to Ronayers.com and wow, that's cheap. I'm tempted to do the same thing. I can replace front and rear for about $50 more than one GT501 for the rear from Dennis Kirk. And if I get 2 seasons out of them, it's not so bad. 10,000 Kms I can live with.

Comment

I put Continentals on mine, back & front, and they're fine. Haven't done many miles on the rear yet so I don't know how long they'll last. But they do make them in the correct sizes i.e. 4.25 x 18 for the rear.

Comment

Working...
        X