wheel swaps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wheel swaps?

alright. will a rear wheel from a 90's model katana (early i think) mate up to a GS550 rear end/cush drive? i had an offer from someone with one, and it would look really sharp, as well as give the added benfit of weight savings/strength. i do not know whether this is disc or drum, but i will find out soon enough. any input would be great!

I'm not sure but the problem wil be that the wheel is designed for a wider radial tire that will not fit your bikes swing arm this chart will give you some idea http://www.tidepool.com/%7Etetrault/trivialtech.htm
    apparently the link no workie

Comment

I f you're talking about a 2-vavle GS550 the answer is a resounding no.

The older GS550, 750, 1000 etc, have 6 cush rubbers but the 90's Suzukis generally have 5. The number of rear sprocket bolts usually gives it away, but there are exceptions*.

If you can get a GS500 sprocket carrier, re-drill your rear sprocket, change the bearings to fit the GS's 20mm axle (early 'Katana' is 15mm I believe) and sort out some spacers you'll be laughing.

Or perhaps not! 8O

If you've talking 4-valve gs550, I haven't a clue!

*The 1988 (only) GSX600 (Kat) is odd and has 6 spoke wheels, a 4 bolt rear sprocket and 6 cush rubbers but the sprocket carrier is completely different to the early GS. How do I know - don't ask!

Regards,

Tony.

Comment

Updated link wheel swapping
        Get fast and reliable internet services for individuals, businesses, and organizations. Our high-speed internet, email, and web hosting solutions are designed to meet your specific needs. Stay connected to the world with our seamless connectivity.

Comment

Working...
        X