Where the hell has First gear gone!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where the hell has First gear gone!!!

I started my bike the other day and when it was warm went to pop it in first . The gear shift went down but nothing happened!! The shift returned but no first.
    I eased the clutch in and out I rocked the bike back and foward I finaly chose second which was no problem ( straight in she went!).
    This problem has occured allot since then . HELP!!!

Re: Where the hell has First gear gone!!!

Originally posted by Katana
    I started my bike the other day and when it was warm went to pop it in first . The gear shift went down but nothing happened!! The shift returned but no first.
    I eased the clutch in and out I rocked the bike back and foward I finaly chose second which was no problem ( straight in she went!).
    This problem has occured allot since then . HELP!!!
    I hope it is something as simple as the shift lever slipped a bit on the shaft and not a bent fork

Comment

ok give me both outcomes !

Comment

Katana What is your bike?let us know and I'll scan a pic for you of the shift mecanisum.Prob should't be too hard to fix.Hopefully it is a shift deteent or something like that.

Comment

i just purchased a shop manual (Clyner)--for gsx-r750(1988-1992) and gsx750f Katana--(1989-1996) I will also be glad to scan something for you if your bike falls into these groups. I hate the Haynes manual that i have for my gs1100ed

Comment

Thanks guys!

This is what I love about this site ! A group of bloody nice people with a
            heap of info!
            My bike is an 82 Katana 1100 (silver)

thanks again guys
            cheers Staff

Comment

Ype I have the shop manual.I'll post tommorow morning.

Comment

thanks from Oz!

cheers staff

Comment

:? Ummmmmmm havent seen anything posted about gear box.......
                  was i meant toi get it from somewhere? Not sure if I should have found it or the manual hasnt been posted.

sorry for the bother cheers Katana

Comment

It's an 1100!!! 8O Do you really need 1 st gear?? I'm only kidding of course and I do hope you get er fixed,, it's most likely a bent shift fork or something with the shif drum,, a sheared pin possible,, usually gears do some major jerking when they break!!

Comment

Working...
                    X