igniter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

igniter

someone please enlighten me....a friend much more mechanical savvy than me with a shop manual has informed me the igniter box is kaput....1980 gs1000g. are there any affordable options???? bike bandit for example is $374.30............ouch

you should be testing things like that yourself. Somtimes just dirty connections will make the box look bad. Get a decent VOM and the gang will help you to learn to use it. I would be curious to know what test your friend did that condemned the box.
    Il bet you can get a high performance one for less that that $$$ amount. Earl did that job a few months back and got off fairly reasonably..
    But darn someone elses test without having checked all the connections would scare me. The ignitor box is no great mystery as far as doing a test goes. Buy a shope manual-- a clymers at least

Comment

I got a used igniter on Ebay for my GS450 for $20.
      1981 GS 450L

2007 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Custom

The good we do no one remembers.
      The bad we do no one forgets.

Mark 5:36 -- Overhearing what they said, Jesus told him, "Don't be afraid; just believe".

Comment

update...lowest price on a dyna s was $153.00....just before i was ready to phone in the order i tried one last salvage yard...i wasn't as lucky as the ebay find but the yard said he might have the igniter box for $50.00....he just matched the part #s and plastic connections in addition said it was the last one he had. what is the possiblity i will have no more problems? ha is there a fortune teller that can see the dyna s in my near future?

Comment

You need to check harder $100 direct

Comment

fyi that is the first place i tried......per raymond at dyna...item discontinued and none in stock....i missed the boat on that deal....oh lucky me!!!

Comment

Working...
            X