Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

750 handling?

77 GS750

OK, Im not gonna drag my knee on this thing but the Handling stinks. I only weigh 170 and this thing sinks when i sit on it and talk about dive. Yikes. I put a 1 in spacer in the front forks but it's not doing much so....

What's out there? I know Progressive springs in the front are pretty much the way to go. What about the rear? I do not really feel like spending $250 on rear shocks as i only paid $600 for the bike. Are there cheaper alternatives out there for rear shocks? I'm planning on using this to for mild touring and some light So Cal canyon rides with my lady on the back.

Any recomendations?

Thanks,

C

Re: 750 handling?

I went to using 30 weight non detergent oil in the front forks on my 79 750. That stiffened them up enough for me. I weigh 160 and that was for solo riding.

Earl

Originally posted by giarcpnw
    77 GS750

OK, Im not gonna drag my knee on this thing but the Handling stinks. I only weigh 170 and this thing sinks when i sit on it and talk about dive. Yikes. I put a 1 in spacer in the front forks but it's not doing much so....

What's out there? I know Progressive springs in the front are pretty much the way to go. What about the rear? I do not really feel like spending $250 on rear shocks as i only paid $600 for the bike. Are there cheaper alternatives out there for rear shocks? I'm planning on using this to for mild touring and some light So Cal canyon rides with my lady on the back.

Any recomendations?

Thanks,

C
    Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

You may want to try a used set of 1100E shocks as a stop gap measure for the rear suspension. But come on, the bike is how many years old? I would look at it like this: if you don't drop another $300 into the suspension (front and rear) you won't enjoy riding the thing and it will be like throwing $600 into the fireplace. Dude, that's still less than a grand for a motorcycle.

Comment

"Buy cheap shocks, get cheap shocks"!

I put some cheap (?40 - about $75) shocks on my 750 and they were pathetic, and at some times downright dangerous!

You get what you pay for. I swapped these cheapo's for some Progressive Suspension ones and the difference is amazing.

Comment

Working...
        X