Exhaust question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exhaust question

My friend recently bought a 79 gs 850 and it came with a lot of extra parts. One of those parts being a 4 into 1 exhaust. I think its gonna be loud, but i wanna stick it on there and see what it sounds like. If i remove my stock exhaust, am i gonna have to buy new gaskets or can i just swap exhausts and if i dont like it swap back??

You should use new exhaust gaskets everytime you install headers. I personally have used exhaust gaskets up to 3 or 4 times, but have a look at my header clamps sometime. They are all bent from torquing the bolts down wayyyyy to tight to seal the leaks.
    Currently bikeless
    '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
    '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

I have to agree with Jethro. You will almost certainly leak without new gaskets, no matter how tight you make the clamps. I know from experience with installing a MAC 4-into-1 exhaust on Honda CB750.

Comment

You may end up being sorry removing the exhaust as the studs have an annoying habit of snapping off and causing untold grief!!!!

Comment

Working...
        X