Rear Mono shock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rear Mono shock

I have a 1983 GS750ES and I was wondering if it is posible to service the mono shock on this bike. I am not sure if it is shot or not but it is 23yrs old and I think a service might be due. I was also wondering if there is a replacement out there from a newer GSXR or something nif this shock is shot.

Thanks in advance

Mark

I don't know who owns this but he did a nice writeup (can't find the post right now), but he uploaded & is hosting some pics of his conversion.

Mono Conversion Pics

I have my gs1100 going this route soon, fronts done, just have the rear left to do.

Good Luck
    Ron

Comment

My bike already has a Mono on it. I was just wondering if there is one that I can use to replace the existing one.

Comment

Originally posted by Busafied
        I don't know who owns this but he did a nice writeup (can't find the post right now), but he uploaded & is hosting some pics of his conversion.

Mono Conversion Pics

I have my gs1100 going this route soon, fronts done, just have the rear left to do.

Good Luck
        Ron
        That's mine. I stopped working on it for a while. I had to rebuild a dirt bike for my son and this one took a back seat. I'll start in again soon and try to finish this off. Just adding an oil cooler now.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Monger
          My bike already has a Mono on it. I was just wondering if there is one that I can use to replace the existing one.
          The stock shock may be servicable with some cutting and welding. I'd check with some pros that do shock rebuilding. If not there may be some replacements available - penske, works, maybe even adapting one from a newer bike.

Comment

I, also, have a 1983 GS750ES. I seem to recall that there is a thread on this subject buried in the Technical Section - you will have to do a search. I also seem to recall that Billy Ricks (who has a 1985 GS700ES) said that some suitably-modified GSXR 750 monoshocks should work - don't remember which ones. I don't believe the OE shock is rebuildable but perhaps you can find someone that will give it a go.

BB

Comment

Working...
            X