What exhaust is this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What exhaust is this?

I need to know because the muffler fell of on the way home this morning. I went back to look for it to no avail. So, now I need a new slip on, but I don't know what make the system is.

So any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm going to see if the PO can't find out what it is. He wasn't sure because he didn't put the pipes on, but I'm hoping that maybe he can find out.

Also, if possible, could I just use a different slip on, and would this mean I'd have to rejet the carbs. I believe they were set up for the current system. Any links or sites where I can purchase a new pipe would be helpful. I don't want to ride it like this longer than I have to. Johnny Law and Officer Friendly would probably have a problem with the noise.

Thanks
    Brad tt

pipe

looks like an old MAC pipe measure the the header out let diameter to the muffler, then the total length, from header out let to mounting point then shop on ebay for one using the dimensions of yours, you can ask the seller to measure his for you, there should also be a mark where the old muffle clamped on include this in the length measurement

Comment

It is a MAC system

Comment

May be too small at the inlet for ya? Check it out.

Tony.
        '82 GS1100E

Originally posted by themess
        Only in your own mind did you refute what I wrote.

Comment

Originally posted by Mysuzyq
          http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4529061194&catego ry=35596

May be too small at the inlet for ya? Check it out.

Tony.
          Thanks, but is too small. The end of the header is 2 and 1/2". I'm gonna go walk the stretch of road where it came off. I'm thinking that the hanger bolt must've fallen off and the pipe just kind of popped off. It was rather a funny moment. I was getting on the throttle pretty good when the exhaust note went from a wheeeee to a WAAAAAH! Needless to say, I'm afraid the ear plugs I'll have to wear now are only a temporary fix.

Brad tt

Comment

Working...
          X