Muffler Vent ? Drain ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Muffler Vent ? Drain ?

Started the bike this afternoon (otherwize is on life support, February-Michigan) in the garage (35-40 degrees inside, 20-25 degrees outside) and I saw what seemed to be an exhaust leak about where the muffler meets the exhaust pipes (just behind swingarm pivot) on the lower side of the pipe, slightly to the inside. While trying to get a better look at it I see the other side is doing the same! Both sides have a small nearly perfect round hole there like maybe its purposly there as a drain or something. I suppose if there was a drain hole, that is where it would be because its the lowest point in the exhaust (stock).

I think I recall having seen these holes before, but dont recall seeing exhaust come out of there. Maybe I saw it today because it is a rare sunny winter day (had sun comming in with garage door open).

I dont really think there is a problem. Any comments?
    Or are you gonna say its part of the muffler bearing system ha har har

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

It's normal - drain holes for condensation

Comment

yup. they're on mine too.

Comment

Yup. The holes are supposed to be there. So relax!
        And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
        Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Working...
        X