Still confused about brake pads, kevlar vs ceramic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still confused about brake pads, kevlar vs ceramic

After reading through a number of posts about brake pad selection for my 83 GS1100E, I am still not sure what the best choice for stock calipers and rotors are. I am teetering between the veserah kevlar and one of the ceramic compounds for my average to mildly aggressive street riding.
    Are there any opinions or objective test articles out there?

thanks,
    Derrick

Never tried a ceramic pad, I have Vesrah pads in both my 1100's and I have single to two finger braking and can stoppie at will.
    Dink

Comment

Does anyone but me think that $25 - $45 dollars is a little steep for pads that's up to $135 for just the pads for an brake job. I realize brakes are important but that what it costs for four sets on my van.

Comment

I don't disagree Chuck, but if the correct pads can give me the optimal stopping power, with my 23 yr old single piston tech, it is worth it. The driving skills of the gemeral public are not getting any better and I would like every advantage I can get.

D.

Comment

Originally posted by Evil Hobbit
          Does anyone but me think that $25 - $45 dollars is a little steep for pads that's up to $135 for just the pads for an brake job. I realize brakes are important but that what it costs for four sets on my van.
          I bet there are more vans out there than GS bikes using brake pads. It isa specialized market for these things. They do last a long time if it is any consolation. The material used on car brakes is pretty lame compared to the materials on bike pads. They are far superior, right up there with super premium brake pads for cars.
          1981 GS650G , all the bike you need
          1980 GS1000G Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely

Comment

I searched around online a bit and didn't find much regarding the Vesrah kevlar pads. I guess I'm a guinea pig on this one, as I put my order in last week for the pads.

The CRC2 guy said they're okay for street application, and one hopes the 'new' technology results in better stopping power.

~Adam

Comment

You are aware that ALL Vesrah pads contain Kevlar, and you do not need to waste money going for the box with it written on it.
              Dink

Comment

CRC2 only sells one kind of Vesrah pad...the Kevlar one.

Comment

Working...
                X