Carb observation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carb observation

Is it me or does carborator questions top the list in this forum. I know they are mystery to me. Sounds like a problem that needs solved.

affordable fuel injection? Been thinking it through, needs to be simple though. (because I am pretty simple ).
    Maybe a dry intake system, with the injectors right next to the port, and a single throttle body, that way you could play with the length of the runners.Maybe from a automotive application (chevy TPI?).
    Would probably have to be batch fired.Engine management would probably be the hard part
    Most of the aftermarket systems out there are way expensive and complex ie:

RSR, Fuel Injection, motorcycle, motorcycles, throttle bodies, ECU, Air/Fuel Ratio Gauge, wiring harnesses, Autocal, Autocal Software, Bonneville, El Mirage

I guess what I need to do, is find a donor bike and set up a motor on the bench ( that is after the match next month, so I can find out where I will be doing my residency for the next 3 yrs) ahd tinker it out.
    Just a thought

Comment

Re: Carb observation

Originally posted by Evil Hobbit
      Is it me or does carborator questions top the list in this forum. I know they are mystery to me. Sounds like a problem that needs solved.
      Carburetion questions are asked the most. Followed by electrical questions.
      Both can be interesting trying to troubleshoot. We're trying!
      And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
      Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Re: Carb observation

"interesting" , is one way to put it Keith. :-) :-) For those with problems, I would like to add that the more information you can provide and the more specific that information is, the better the chance of an accurate diagnosis.
        Saying it cant be the carbs because you have already checked them or cleaned them doesnt help. Dont laugh, but some people have thought "cleaning" the carbs means wiping off the grime on the outside of the carb body. :-) If you have cleaned the carbs, dwscribe exactly what you did including any removal of pieces, notation of settings and reassembly proceedure. Being brief as reasonable is good, but brief to the point of lack of information is not helpful. I cant help you if I dont know what you have done and where you are in the process. Its something like working with a computer. The results are only going to be as good as the input accuracy.

Earl

Originally posted by KEITH KRAUSE
        Originally posted by Evil Hobbit
        Carburetion questions are asked the most. Followed by electrical questions.
        Both can be interesting trying to
        troubleshoot. We're trying!
        All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

I would agree with your carb cleaning observation Earl. I took mine off when I gotthe bike (it's been sitting since 97) and we dismantled, cleaned, blew out, etc. And when we put it together the two center cyls didn't heat up. So, I took them off again and would ya believe, the two center carbs looked like nothing had been done. I have no idea where hte stuff came from but it was there. Other than getting a diaphragm replaced they run great. I have the fine folks here to thank for saying that just cuz you clean them once doesn't mean they're clean. I suspectthe charging system will have some similar issue with the charging system once this is settled.

Comment

Working...
          X