mirrors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mirrors?

i fell and one of my mirrors broke so ive decided to replace both? are they bolt threads standard? or do i need specific mirrors for my bike? if so where can i get em? i have a 1985 gs 550 es

usually 10 mm but take the mirror to a hardwar store and check the thread size--it looks to be a coarser thread also-- I think one of the guys in Sweeden or Holland has that model bike--they will give you the exact information for sure

Comment

the 85 550 is it like the 86 550 with the fairin?

Comment

the 85 550 is it like the 86 550 with the fairin?
        The S model should have the fairing.

Comment

yea i dont have a fairng

Comment

I have the GS750 ES '83. Chances are thats it is the same thread. I agree with Slowpoke here (for a change ) that the thread looks too course to be a standard 10 mm. Then again, looks can be deceving, like Super Models.

I will check it out after my boss lets me leave.

Comment

I checked on my GS550. It's NOT normal 10mm thread. Scotty's right, it's a bit coarser. Just go for mirrors specificly for Suzuki.

Comment

Your dealer should be able to get some good reproduction mirrors from someone like "Bike Master" or "Napoleon". They'll look just like Suzuki mirrors but cost a lot less. Thread is 10mm and both mirrors are right hand thread. Don't buy a Yamaha right side mirror it has a reverse thread.
                Axel

Comment

i bought my mirrors from jc whitney and i just asked for 10 mm threads It may be that all 10mm mirrors come with the coarse thrads-I theenk
                  Another thought .when i was trying to find mirrors that i liked on my bike i purchased about 2 other 10 mm sets and they were not for anything specifically and they fit---From what i understand, Yamaha mirrors have one of their mirrors with a reversed thread but again i theeenk that they are the only ones that way

HA HA on me Axel I just re red your post and you already said something about the Yamaha mirrors

Comment

I replaced my mirrors after the Bambicide with generic ones I ordered from my dealer. 10 mm. They screwed on perfectly.

Nick

Comment

anyone wanna link me to some exact sites? i cant find mirrors on jc whitney

nm im an idiot

Comment

www.jcwmotorcycle.com sub cat from list mirrors
                        should get you there good luck

Comment

I found a good cheap set of mirrors on E- bay. Most bikes take the same thread. Some Honda mirrors have a reverse thread on one side. My mirrors came with an adaptor for honda bikes. I just chucked the adaptor and I was on my way. If you want to spend a little more money and time you can wait to find a set of suzuki GT750 tripple mirrors. They have a cool Suzuki logo "S" stamped in the metal.

Comment

Working...
                          X