looking to do dual discs/fork swap.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

looking to do dual discs/fork swap.

hey, jujst got wheel that will accept dual discs. wondering what parts i will require to do a complete job? also considering a front end/fork swap... what forks have dual caliper mounts that will fit a 78 GS550??? i was thinking a katana model might be the way to go... i imagine if they are the same diameter fork tubes, there really shouldn't be much problem. i would also like to maintain the stock (not for my year) GS mag wheel, so i also believe keeping the axle diameter the same. a little help?

If you change forks you have to change the triple tree setup. I am 'dreaming' of this mod for my bike, since the single rotor up front really sucks.

I believe the 78/79 GS 750 had dual brakes up front, so you would need the 750 triple tree, forks, calipers, and rotors.

~Adam

Comment

hmmm...what about GSXR stuff?? does anyone know what size teh 600 oidel uses? there are a lot of GSXR 600 forks floating around on ebay. it looks like they are larger near the bottom part of the tree than at the top.

Comment

The gs750 forks are about 1 1/2" longer than the 550

Comment

Working...
        X