Piston Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Piston Question

Can someone please tell me how big the pistons are for an '80 era gs550? Have a '80 gs450 motor that the pistons are shot in. I was thinking of having itbored out and put in larger pistons. Looking for more power and speed.

Re: Piston Question

The 550 is a 4 cylinder. The 450 is a two cylinder. The 450 pistons are much larger.

Earl

Originally posted by jayrbaker
    Can someone please tell me how big the pistons are for an '80 era gs550? Have a '80 gs450 motor that the pistons are shot in. I was thinking of having itbored out and put in larger pistons. Looking for more power and speed.
    Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

What about using the top end off a 500 or using the pistons out of a larger bike lets say an 1000? The 450 has a 70.9mm piston.

Comment

the main difference between the late model 500 twin and the 450 is the 500 has a 3mm larger bore, the rods and crank are the same.

so you can put a top end off a late model 500 on the 450, pistons from a 1000 wont work.

Comment

Working...
        X