Fitting Lockheed calipers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fitting Lockheed calipers

I have a 79 gs1000 which I am looking at fitting a set of twin pot lockheed calipers to. It has the original dinner plate, flat type discs at the minute which will not allow enough clearance between the rear piston of the caliper and the wheel spokes. I was hoping to fit a set of gsx1100 discs which are more dished and have more clearance. Anybody done the same or any recomendations as to how to do this. Easiest method possible please.

Where did you manage to find a set of twin pot Lockheeds? Those must be worth more than the rest of the bike...Since they won't fit on your bike, you could send them to me and I'll give them a good home on my 1100E.

Seriously, if you need any measurements off the brake rotors or wheel on my 1100E, let me know and I will get them for you.

Mark

Comment

Brought them from a friend about 5-6 years ago together with a set of 18inch dymags, but the electrics fried themselves on the bike before we got to fitting them and the bike just sat. Finally getting around to putting it back on the road (not the dymags at the minute). I thought lockheed had annouced they were doing a limited run of these calipers again, so you can actually buy new. Don't know how much though.

Comment

Brought them from a friend about 5-6 years ago together with a set of 18inch dymags, but the electrics fried themselves on the bike before we got to fitting them and the bike just sat. Finally getting around to putting it back on the road (not the dymags at the minute). I thought lockheed had annouced they were doing a limited run of these calipers again, so you can actually buy new. Don't know how much though.

Comment

Brought them from a friend about 5-6 years ago together with a set of 18inch dymags
          Sure, sure, add in a set of period Dymags as well... Just keep twisting the knife...

Mark

Comment

Working...
          X