Mikuni Carbs on GS450L

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mikuni Carbs on GS450L

Does anyone know what model of Mikuni Carbs Suzuki put on the '82 GS450L. I just got this bike for a steal - 6000 miles and the carb needs some work. I'm trying to find a rebuild kit or buy the parts I'll need to tear it down, clean it, and put it all back together. In the meantime, 1/2 a bottle of carb cleaner in the tank will have to do the trick!

I too have a 82GS450 and I am looking for a carb rebuild kit also. Let me know what you find. Gas is leaking out the seals :x

Nobody seems to carry much for this gs450 no matter what kinda part it is.

Good luck on your bike, I just got mine too but for free! long story.
    NOw that really is a steal.

Comment

Ok I called a Suzuki dealership and they can sell all the parts for the carb individualy, but there isn't a kit! Kinda sucks and its a very high price to pay.

I was wondering maybe one of the other models kits like the gs550 would use the same o rings and gaskets as the gs450 carb. Maybe they are the same carbs besides the jets? Just a thought.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan
        Ok I called a Suzuki dealership and they can sell all the parts for the carb individualy, but there isn't a kit! Kinda sucks and its a very high price to pay.
        Try a company called K&L Supply or Tourmax. They should make a kit for your bike. Go to a non-dealer for this. I'm sure they would be happy to help you. 8)
        Kevin
        E-Bay: gsmcyclenut
        "Communism doesn't work because people like to own stuff." Frank Zappa

1978 GS750(x2 "projects"), 1983 GS1100ED (slowly becoming a parts bike), 1982 GS1100EZ,
        Now joined the 21st century, 2013 Yamaha XTZ1200 Super Tenere.

Comment

check out this web site, the guy sells the o-rings that may fit your carbs http://home.att.net/~robert.barr/#Outside%20of%20the
          78 GS1000 Yosh replica racer project
          82 Kat 1000 Project
          05 CRF450x
          10 990 ADV-R The big dirt bike

P.S I don't check PM to often, email me if you need me.

Comment

WARNING!!! WARNING!!! BEEP 8O BEEP 8O

YOU MAY BE SORRY IF YOU USE CARB CLEANER--USE GAS TREATMENT

Comment

No, you're right - carb cleaner = bad. It was Valvoline's gas treatment product and it worked like a champ. Runs like a new bike...

Comment

Working...
              X