Anyone who has a GS1100 pleae help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone who has a GS1100 pleae help!

I need a pic of the petcock and where the fuel lines go from it and the vacuum lines. I want to make sure all that is hooked up correct. If anyone could do this for me id really appreciate it. Or if anyone knows where i can find a diagram please let me know.

Thanks, Brian

Re: Anyone who has a GS1100 pleae help!

On your petcock, there is a 1/4" fitting and a larger 5/16" fitting. The 5/16" fittting is fuel and connects to the fuel "T" between the #2 and #3 carbs.
    The 1/4" fitting is vacuum and connects to the vacuum fitting next to the mixture screw on the #2 carb. The vacuum fitting "T''s" between the #1 and #2 carb and the #3 and #4 carbs are connected together with hose.

Earl

Originally posted by my98xplorer
    I need a pic of the petcock and where the fuel lines go from it and the vacuum lines. I want to make sure all that is hooked up correct. If anyone could do this for me id really appreciate it. Or if anyone knows where i can find a diagram please let me know.

Thanks, Brian
    All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

ok earl i hooked up the lines from the petcock like you said but i still have 1 question. On the right side of the tank, up where the wires come out for the fuel gauge, there is a place where it looks like a line should come out of it, there is actuallu a nipple that is there. Were you said the vacuum fitting "T''s" between the #1 and #2 carb and the #3 and #4 carbs are connected together with hose, my vacuum hose coming out of #3 and #4 i guess (the ones on the right side of the tank) was hooked up to that nipple by where the wires for the gas gauge goes. Are you confused yet? If the hoese go together, then what goes up there by where the fuel gauge wires come out?

Comment

The vacuum fitting for the petcock comes out of the intake casting for the #2 cylinder. The hoses you see from the fittings between carbs 1 & 2 and between carbs 3& 4 are vent lines for the carbs and do not connect to anything. I think they tuck into a metal strap on the back of the air cleaner housing, right side.

The trough you see beneath the fuel level sending unit is there in case the sending unit leaks. There is suppsed to be a hose connected to the nipple you see. It ends up running down to the underside of the bike where the battery vent line runs.

Comment

Run the vent line from between carbs 3&4 to the nipple on the underside of the tank (the one by the fuel sending unit). The drain near the sending unit is there in case the sending unit gasket leaks. Whether or not it is connected will not affect performance - it's far more important to make sure that your vent lines are not kinked.

Comment

The vacuum fitting "T''s" between the #1 and #2 carb and the #3 and #4 carbs are connected together with hose.

Earl

I did this and could not get the bike to start. I then disconnected them and the bike runs fine now?? What are those supposed to be?

Comment

OH HELL! I thought I had gone back and corrected that post. Sorry about that! Those are vent lines and supposed to be open.
              I wish I could quit forgetting to remember. :-)

Earl

The vacuum fitting "T''s" between the #1 and #2 carb and the #3 and #4 carbs are connected together with hose.

Earl

I did this and could not get the bike to start. I then disconnected them and the bike runs fine now?? What are those supposed to be?

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Originally posted by earlfor
                OH HELL! I thought I had gone back and corrected that post. Sorry about that! Those are vent lines and supposed to be open.

Earl

Earl

Stop the cloning process!

Comment

Well, sometimes I'm right. Its just that I dont know which times they are. LOL

Earl

Originally posted by Swanny

Comment

Originally posted by Swanny
                    Originally posted by earlfor

Earl

Earl

Comment

[quote="earlfor"]Well, sometimes I'm right. Its just that I dont know which times they are. LOL

Earl

Its ok, everyone screws up sometimes. I got it running great now though, thanks alot!

Comment

Working...
                      X