igniter rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

igniter rebuild

i would be interesed in rebuilding a kaput igniter for a 1980 gs100g. can anyone show me the way?.......original post... http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...iter+schematic

has anyone done this? if yes did it work?

I've never heard of anybody doing it. I bought one for my bike off of Ebay for $20.
    1981 GS 450L

2007 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Custom

The good we do no one remembers.
    The bad we do no one forgets.

Mark 5:36 -- Overhearing what they said, Jesus told him, "Don't be afraid; just believe".

Comment

second and last request......then this poor tired ingniter is headed for the land fill....thanks

Comment

I believe Isaac has rebuilt and replaced three, but each one has only lasted for one ride around the block, so I dont think I will bother with doing that. :-)

Earl

Originally posted by flyboy03
        second and last request......then this poor tired ingniter is headed for the land fill....thanks
        Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

Is it epoxy sealed?

Comment

I dont know Steve. I have a toasted one in my junk box that I took off the 1100 rebuild. Since I had a new spare Dyna on the shelf, I didnt even bother to look at it in a repair viewpoint. I can check, or even send it to you if you want something to play with after wifey has put you in your crib for the night. :-)

Earl

Originally posted by Swanny
            Is it epoxy sealed?

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

Originally posted by earlfor
              I dont know Steve. I have a toasted one in my junk box that I took off the 1100 rebuild. Since I had a new spare Dyna on the shelf, I didnt even bother to look at it in a repair viewpoint. I can check, or even send it to you if you want something to play with after wifey has put you in your crib for the night. :-)

Earl

Is it epoxy sealed?
              Earl, when I send it back, my advice is 'Don't open the package!'

Comment

:-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

Earl

Earl, when I send it back, my advice is 'Don't open the package!'

Comment

Yeah it can be fixed, just do a search and 3-4 of my threads will show up. My most recent one went an astonishing 300 miles or so before blowing.

Comment

Working...
                  X