Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

80 gs750 top end oiler ?

Hi

Can you tell me if I put a top end oil lines on the right side of the and the just put a cam link on the left side put enough oil to the top end
    the 80 gs750 doesn`t have the oil pressure switch on the back of the engine, It`s on the oil filter cover so I can not use the adaptor that terry makes

And if I drill and tap the oil filter cover for an oil cooler will that be too many oil connection for the pump?

I`m going to be using a custom made 863cc kit that A Guy was running on his old 750 so I don`t want the motor to over heat when driving in heavy traffic

Thanks
    Peter

I recommend that you don't put the top end oiler on the 750. The 750 has a high pressure oil system that could be compromised if you run oil from the front oil filter cover to the top end. This could result in a drop in oil pressure (due to the lessened restriction in the oil system) that could starve your oil supply to the main bearings.

The reasons why you can use a top end oiler on the 1100 and the 1150 is that they are often built with oversized cylinder studs that would restrict flow to the top end (the oil flows from the main oil galley through the passages the that studs pass through...the bigger the diameter of the studs, the less oil that can pass), the 1100 and the 1150 have roller main bearings that require low pressure oil systems that produce a lot less lubrication than the plain bearings found on the 750 would need, and the use of high lift cams need the additional lubrication that is blocked when the larger studs are used.

Hap

Comment

Can I run a oil cooler off the oil filter cover? If So do you drill and tap like on the gs1100 or 1150 I saw it list On one site can not remember where I saw it.

Thanks
      Peter

Comment

Originally posted by gs750sleeper
        Can I run a oil cooler off the oil filter cover? If So do you drill and tap like on the gs1100 or 1150 I saw it list On one site can not remember where I saw it.

Thanks
        Peter
        Yes, you can do that. There are oil cooler kits that pop up on eBay that have the front cover drilled as you need it and all the fittings.

Hap

Comment

Working...
        X