Replacing Regulator with non original HONDA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replacing Regulator with non original HONDA

Not afraid of changing some wires but want to be sure replacement is big enough. Electrex say my 83 1100e takes the RR9 but since searching have concluded Honda reg will be fine but don't know which one I need. Will these work?

Or is there something else. Thanks.

Not sure about the goldwing I would use the CB reg

Comment

Not even sure I need one yet. New battery boiling over and blew headlight so pretty sure. Found regulator and it has spade terminals and no wires. Lots of dirty connections on the grounds. Will clean all up and run test and see. Oh the joy of it all.

Comment

I just replaced my seperate units with a R/R from CRC2. $120, it's a Rick's Electronics part, and it's working good so far in testing.

I'd be leery to spend $10 on a part on ebay with an unknown history.

~Adam

Comment

I just remembered, I've got a NOS r/r for an 81 850 in the garage. I wonder if that would do the job? Anybody know?

Comment

yes, your NOS 81 850 R/R will work just fine on your 83 1100. That R/R can also be used on the 83/84 1100 Katana.

Earl

Originally posted by arveejay
            I just remembered, I've got a NOS r/r for an 81 850 in the garage. I wonder if that would do the job? Anybody know?
            Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

Originally posted by earlfor
              yes, your NOS 81 850 R/R will work just fine on your 83 1100. That R/R can also be used on the 83/84 1100 Katana.

Earl

Well that made my day. Thanks for the info. If I have to, that's what I'll do.

Comment

The required R/R capacities for those three models are an exact match.

Earl

Well that made my day. Thanks for the info. If I have to, that's what I'll do.
                Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

Working...
                X